help with ls command

Camelia Botez camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Tue May 1 14:30:29 IDT 2012

I’m talkibg about /usr/local/src that is on /dev/sda2 under / and indeed it is the partition I ran fsck.
In other directories ls works fine.
Yes the shell does manage to read the directory contents , but in one subdirectory containing no more than 24 files ls –ltr gets stuck.
No the ls command is not in D state (if I’m not mistaking its state is S).