tablets, readers and E ink - a question

Dan Shimshoni danshimsh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:06:19 IST 2012

Hi all,

Question:
I think of buying some tablet device which its main purpose is reading
(pdf, documents in word format, books, and for a real less degree xchm files).
I intend to use if also for Internet browsing (also reading/writing
emails via webmail).

Options I think of are:
Some 10'' Reader (like kindle) which has E-Ink support.

Tablet (10'') like some android-based tablet or iPad.

AFAIK, most tablets (if not all) do not come with E-Ink support.

In all cases, what I need is wifi support (3G is not mandatory).

My question is simple:
Suppose I intend to have 80% of the usage time for reading docs (pdf, etc)
and only 20% of the  usage time for Internet - which is better ?

Or to put it more sharply - Is E Ink technology really substantial
when reading docs ?

I appreciate those who has real experience with these devices
regarding reading pdf/books and accessing internet
with this devices will comment from their experience.

rgs,
DS