Current Video Card winning horse?

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Tue Oct 9 16:10:27 IST 2012

Quoting Shlomi Fish, from the post of Tue, 09 Oct:

> If you care about FOSS drivers, then you should definitely avoid all Nvidia
>
> Otherwise, I am a happy user of a laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD
> 4570 card, and a Core i3 desktop machine with the “Intel Corporation
>
> I recall the ATI HD 2600 Pro card being dual-port, so I assume most other recent
> cards will be too.

So Gigabyte HD 6570 sounds about right, then? Though maybe I should look
for a card with no moving parts. fans tend to fill up with dust and die.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a difference in the
DVI-D/HDMI/Display Port jungle, other than improved DRM (HDCP) and if
that matters at all in Linux anyway.

Also, Anyone has anything smart to say for/against ordering from a
nameless eBay vendor compared to walking into a KSP-style shop? (and if
it's getting off topic, you can reply off-list...)

Thanks!

--
Looks can kill
Ira Abramov