Looking for directions about compiling and tracing OpenJDK

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:47:10 IST 2012

I'd expect to need the source code to make sense from the gdb output, and
maybe also to get the debug symbols.

I thunk I already found at least part of the code path in the source, why
shouldn't I take advantage of this info?

What I wanted to know in my original question is whether anyone in this
forum have been through the process of downloading and compiling this
source code - which file should I download (I found multiple repositories
on the official source web site) and where are useful practical steps to
compile it with debug symbols?

Thanks!