Slow speed when copying over rdp (avg 16Kbps when coping via CIFS the avg is 1.5mbps) from Debian to Windows,

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 11:34:03 IST 2012

Hi ,

I'm coping files via the RDP stream (not CIFS) , I'm using rdesktop
utility (but can change to any other).

Link : HSDPA 8mbps.
no vpn.
Source : Debian amd64 sid.
Dest    : Windows 7 and windows server 2008

copy is done via xcopy on the windows machine, I've used rdesktop and
tried adding the -z command and all have the same speed.

CIFS and other protocols are working without problems.

Any ideas for a workaround for faster coping ?