where to host web server

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Oct 21 12:01:08 IST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012, Shahar Dag wrote about "where to host web server":
> Due to the Technion security limitation, we can't do it in house, so we are
> looking to host the project somewhere outside the Technion. We don't need

This is SO SAD :( The end-to-end Internet is dead :(
O tempora, o mores :(

I don't propose that every secretary's computer in the Technion need an
unlimited connection to the Internet, but not giving every student
access to at least one computer or server, or something, which has an
unlimited connection to the Internet, is sad, and stupid.

How are students supposed to invent the next great thing in Internet
protocols, in Web technology, or whatever?

Sure, you can tell them to get a server on Amazon. But you don't need to
be a student in the Technion to do that. If people outside the Technion
have more opportuinities and resources than students inside the Technion,
why come study in the Technion? :(

Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 5 Heshvan 5773