How many times can an internet connection interruption occur and still be considered acceptable?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 22:54:17 IDT 2013

On 04/01/2013 10:47 PM, Guy Gold wrote:

> If you want to simplify the chain of problems, you can have just one
> device connected to the Modem, if I recall correctly, it will lease one
> IP address to the connected device (PC/ laptop). If drops still occur,
> then it is certainly not the router who is to blame, or any other
> segment on your LAN.

Faulty logic, sorry.

If the drops still occur, it is at least the modem or phone line, ISP,
etc, but that does not rule out there being a problem with your router,
wiring etc.

Remember the number of failures you are seeing is the TOTAL of all
failures, and they are not mutually exclusive.

Or in plain English, if your felafel tastes bad, it may be the felafel,
it may be the pita, it may be the salads, or it may be a combination of
any or all of them. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!