How many times can an internet connection interruption occur and still be considered acceptable?

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Tue Apr 2 08:35:16 IDT 2013

 2013/4/2 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Guy Gold <guy1gold at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If Dotan connects a laptop to the modem's LAN port, instead of the
> router,
> > and the same issues keep happening, doesn't that clear the router from
> being
> > the culprit ?
> >

> Seeing how Bezeq does not have a Linux 'dialer' this is not an option.
> I already fought with them on the phone about this.

As far as I understood from all this mail you have an ethernet modem
(basically a router with only one LAN port), so you can do several things
with it on Linux:
1. You can use a dialer on linux, the dialer is simply pppoe for which both
TUI and GUI exist,
2. You can set up the connection in the modem basically changing it from a
bridge to a router... but that probably won't give you the debugging you
desire.

In general I prefer using Bezeqs' simpler modems and connecting them to my
own routers since every Bezeq Router I have ever had was just instable and
they don't bother doing regular firmware upgrades either....

Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו