Recommendations for an all-in-one printer/fax/scanner?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:05:54 IDT 2013

On 8/19/2013 10:35 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> Beyond the obvious (cups, x/sane), HPLIP toolbox more or less mirror's
> the HP Window toolbox minus the all the bloatware and in most cases
> the printer simply works out of the box.

If you download the CORPORATE windows drivers for your HP printer you
get it without the bloatware.

To be honest I have not tried to use it to scan with my ethernet
attached multifunction printer, but it does print well.

Most of the problems I have found with HP printers on networks is due to
them having floating IP addresses (randomly assigned by DHCP servers)
and if you give them a fixed IP address they work fine.

Windows also supports printing over HTTP, so you can easily connect your
windows system to CUPS.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379