KDE fading icon text

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:45:29 IDT 2013

When the text under an icon on the KDE desktop is too long to fit, the
last few letters on the bottom line are faded. I understand that this is
meant to show that the text has been truncated. I have no problem with
that, but my wife usually uses Hebrew names for her files. When the name
is too long, fading text on the right side actually cuts the middle of
the file name instead of the end. I've Googled and can't find a
solution. I can think of 2 possible solutions but don't know how:
1 - disable the fading behavior
2 - have the fade on the left side (either always or when the text is
in Hebrew)

 KDE 4.10.2 - LINUX Mageia 3

Any ideas?

--