"Lime" - an open source Sublime Text clone

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 21:26:30 IST 2013

Hi Matan,

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Matan Ziv-Av <matan at svgalib.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Dec 2013, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>
>  Hopefully, it will be another step toward eliminating the open
>> source community’s reliance on proprietary tools.
>>

> ?

Well, if by "?" you mean "What do you mean?", then for your information,
some people with whom I interacted on Freenode ( http://freenode.net/ ) and
elsewhere have opted to use the Sublime Text editor due to it proving
attractive for them, despite the fact that it was not open source. So in a
way it involved a reliance on non-open-source (or so-called "proprietary")
tools by the community.

I personally avoided Sublime Text from the simple reason it was not open
source - see what I wrote about it here -
http://shlomif-tech.livejournal.com/65226.html .

Best regards,

-- Shlomi Fish