Linux with Android MTP

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Mon Dec 9 23:24:47 IST 2013

On 12/08/2013 12:12 PM, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> I never got MTP to work with a Galaxy S3 on Mageia 3. I've tried mtpfs
> and kio-mtp with no success. I may be doing something wrong, but
> since these are my kids' phones, it was not really urgent. But now I'm
> about to move from A Galaxy S to Galaxy S4 so the problem of connecting
> to backup the phone is more urgent.

When shit hits the fan, I use "adb pull /data/balbla.txt". This WORKS.

And yes. MPT on Android is a piece of shite. I miss good old USB mass
storage from my GalaxyS1.

BTW: keep the GalaxyS. Today my Nexus4 decided to dump on me, and now I
cannot even install cyanogenmod on it. The old Sansung is still
working.  Like a charm.