Does anyone use MATE (Gnome 2 fork)?

Rami Rosen rosenrami at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 18:06:43 IST 2013

Hi,
The main issues I encountered in last months in KDE are:
1) loads application slowly compared to Gnome.
2) sometimes KDE plasma crashes when I press on the Kickoff application
launcher
3) the kwallet pop up annoys me (though I am sure it is trivial to get rid
of this pop up)

I wonder which other problems did you have with it ? KDE is quite veteran
as you know.

I did not try the other Display Managers. In case this problem with Gnome
and JEdit losing focus will not be solved somehow (which I doubt it will),
I will consider one of them (starting with Xfce).

Regards,
Rami Rosen