Fwd: Fw: saving LibreOffice files to a network drive

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 15:24:33 IST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Subject: Fw: saving LibreOffice files to a network drive
To: shlomif at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:44:06 +0200
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
To: linux-il <linux-il at cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: saving LibreOffice files to a network drive

Hi Shlomo,

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:16:15 +0200
Shlomo Solomon <shlomo.solomon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently upgraded my wife's computer from Mandriva 2010 to Mageia 3
> (KDE 4.10,5). Since then she has a problem saving LibreOffice (4.0.5.2)
> files to the network.
>
> In the past, saving was "transparent" and it didn't matter if she
> saved to a local partition or to a Samba share.
>
> But now, after saving a file to the network, if she closes LibreOffice
> she gets a pop-up from KIOExec telling her a file has been changed and
> asking if she wants to upload the change.

Since KIOExec is KDE technology, can you check what happens when she is not
running LibreOffice when running KDE, but when using a different desktop
environment or window manager? It may give us some clues to what is wrong.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Apple Inc. is Evil - http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/anti/apple/

Alan: Hello, Miss Mandrake. I’m Alan. [she shakes his hand.]
John: John. [shakes his hand.]
Alan: We’re mighty vampires.
Selina: [Amusingly] Selina Mandrake, mighty pirate.