Developing custom Ubuntu live system

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Feb 17 19:35:18 IST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:55:45PM +0200, Amichay P. K. wrote:
> I am planning to maintain the system and maybe even make it public.
> There is no problem with building it from scratch, it's just very
> inefficient to reinvent the wheel... why not using existing installed
> system? Is there any benefits that I didn't notice?

The benefits are keeping your changes separate from the system. The
maintinance is much simpler (it is feasible to maintain them under
version control).

I'm not exactly sure if Ubuntu uses Debian Live or something different
(ask its developers). But using it or similar methods save you from
reinventing the wheel.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best