Off topic, but only a little since it's about hardware

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:34:23 IST 2013

mAh is a measure of the capacity to deliver that voltage.

You know a battery doesn't last forever. If you suck a lot of current
out of it, it will empty sooner. If you suck only a little current, it
will last longer.

mAh is "milli Amp Hours", so a 1500 mAh cell can deliver 1500 mA for one
hour, or 150 mA for 10 hours, etc.

In reality it is not a perfectly linear relationship, but it is a useful
number for reference and comparison.

HTH,
Michael