ix2-200 NAS and rsync

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 23:33:51 IST 2013

The "~/" in "~/backup/" could be redundant, since your home directory is
where the relative paths starts. Try removing it?

Also a general tip about rsync - you should either use a trailing "/" on
both source and destination paths or none, never mix unless you want the
weird results that it causes.

On 12 January 2013 21:35, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have ix2-200 NAS, and I wish to start backpacking stuff using rsync,
> but I can't find out what path it uses for it.
> I created using web ui a directory named backup
>
> I tried
> rsync ... rsync at ip:~/backup/
>
> I get an error message that the directory was not found, I triend it
> as root directory, nothing, etc...
> There is no ssh login, and I don't have time to start taking it apart
> and working on the hd themselves.
>
> So does anyone know how I can backup stuff using rsync ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ido

 [image: View my profile on LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/gliderflyer>