ix2-200 NAS and rsync

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:09:31 IST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Oleg Goldshmidt <pub at goldshmidt.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have ix2-200 NAS, and I wish to start backpacking stuff using rsync,
>> but I can't find out what path it uses for it.
>> I created using web ui a directory named backup
>>
>> I tried
>> rsync ... rsync at ip:~/backup/
>>
>> I get an error message that the directory was not found, I triend it
>> as root directory, nothing, etc...
>
> I am not familiar with the device in question, so I am risking to fall
> face down into the mud. But if it is intended to be used as a NAS
> server, aren't you supposed to mount the target directory at a client
> system and rsync between the two local directories?
>
> Does the documentation say it supports the rsync protocol from a
> remote host? It is obviously possible that it does, but given that it
> does not support ssh... Come to think of it, if the remote path
> contains a single colon as in your example, ssh is used. have you
> tried  using the double colon to indicate that the raw rsync protocol
> should be used?
>
> rsync ... src/ ip::backup/
>
> etc?

You are correct, it took me a long time to understand it, and partly
using your replay.

Here is btw, a way to access the ssh part of the machine:
With older firmware:

http(s)://<your ip>/support.html

with newer firmware:

http(s)://<your ip/diagnostics.html

using ssh:

user: root
pass: sohoYourAccessCode

that is, the access code you created for the web login, but adding a
prefix of "soho"

It runs Debian 5 on arm