[OT] Troubleshooting Bezeq Int'l problems

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Mon Jan 28 01:50:26 IST 2013

You described 2 symptoms:
- block pages saying the target page was unsafe
= This can of course be just squid or some other proxy with blocklists, but
it's much more likely to be an AV gateway

- Downloads that claim to complete but really don't
= AV gateways when configured right/wrong play around with the way the file
is being downloaded and if they decide they can't scan it or find a virus
or have some other problem with the file and their policy allows blocking
files they will just truncate the last part of the file leaving you with a
useless file.

Those symptoms plus the fact that Israeli ISPs are known to offer browsing
through AV gateways as a service to me all adds up to a very likely
conclusion, BTW even on unblocked pages you may be able to find (meta) tags
that were added by the AV gateway.....

Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו