accounting software

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Jul 6 09:05:32 IDT 2013

On 06/07/13 08:45, Ori Idan wrote:

> Again you did not understand me.
> It is illegal to treat proforma as if it was an invoice and thus
> create double transactions.
> Since you will issue an invoice when you get the payment.

Double accounting need be *either* cash based *or* commitment based. You
cannot validly mix the two. That much is true. However:

 1. The requirements by law to approve an invoicing system need not
    include accounting at all, much less make sure it conforms to any
    particular standard. It is true that that will not allow you to
    issue אישור ניהול ספרים if you are required to keep double
    bookkeeping, but most people who are required to do that pay someone
    to do it. As such, I don't think saying "illegal" does this justice.
 2. Performa invoices transactions have three stages, instead of the
    more traditional two. There is the payment requirement stage (the
    performa invoice), the formal transaction stage (the tax invoice)
    and the actual payment. You are right that creating two
    transactions, one for the performa and one for the tax invoices, is
    wrong, whether it is illegal largely depends on the way the tax is
    calculated. If the VAT payment is calculated to the right amount at
    the right time, I don't see how that is a problem.

Shachar