when linux was linux

Jonathan Ben Avraham yba at tkos.co.il
Tue Jul 16 09:21:02 IDT 2013

Hi Erez,
The problem is the "desktop" concept - a bunch of applications that
work very hard try to guess what you will do next and tell you what you
want.

If you just run X with a window manager then you wont have this problem.

But before you blame the distros, think about how we got here. We wanted
Linux to be an alternative to MS Windows, so we made it (at least in the
major distro manifestations) more like MS Windows, and this has been
relatively successful. The downside is that it really is more like MS
Windows.

Tsom kal,

  - yba

--
 9590 8E58 D30D 1660 C349 673D B205 4FC4 B8F5 B7F9  ~. .~  Jonathan Ben-Avraham