Retooling my mail server

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Thu Jul 18 18:32:46 IDT 2013

Howdie,

I've been delaying this for years, but for the last 15 of them I've been
working with qmail and ezmlm and they are getting dated. no DKIM, no
smtp auth, lots of modern features and community missing. Then the other
day someone tweeted me this:
http://sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/ and I
thought that with all my love of Qmail it's something to get modernized
and look into virtual domain pop-toaster solutions in postfix. I'll also
look for a modern friendly MLM, and I wonder if Sympa is the only newer
face over mailman, and if so, is it better?

If you have any input, I'll appreciate it :)

Also, I'm considering keeping all the configs on my system with Chef
Solo. I like Chef so much more than Puppet, but If you have a ready-made
pop-toaster setup for puppet already tested and running well, I'll
consider it.

The next component to install after ditching Gmail as far as I can,
will be OwnCloud so I can ditch DropBox and friends as well.
Got any pros and cons to share? I'll appreciate this too.

Last and somewhat least (off topic) is that we are hiring, there are
two DevOps positions (not just one as the list shows), we also need
an Ira-clone DevOps person for developing the Iron-to-IAAS part of the
product:
http://hiring.gooodjob.com/jobs/en/?pid=2&OrgID=462&pref=user8894

--
Boldly going where no man has gone before
Ira Abramov