my move to Mageia

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 18:06:39 IDT 2013

After 14 years of using Mandrake/Mandriva I made the move to Mageia 3
on 2 boxes. So far, I'm very satisfied - I feel really "at home".
However, as can be expected, there are some minor problems so I guess
I'll be looking for help in the next few days. Here's my first problem:

I set up energy saving in the KDE System Settings on both computers.
On one of them it works fine and the screen shuts off after 10
minutes. On the other computer it worked for 2 days and then for no
apparent reason stopped working.

I've tried playing with xset -dpms or xset +dpms. I also looked for
other setting that might be related, but no luck.

I don't think it's a hardware problem because sreen shut off worked for
2 days.

Any ideas where to look?

--
Shlomo Solomon