c/unix q

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 14:50:23 IDT 2013

On 06/04/2013 02:43 PM, ronys wrote:
> Nothing. You're just wasting resources (file descriptors) and making
> your code a bit harder to understand and maintain.

It kind of says to anyone reading the code that you put the minimum into
creating it you could, and implies there are details that were not
addressed.

Of course I'm an old assembly language programmer, where everything is
declared, nothing is left to default, and anything allocated  or opened
is explicitly freed or closed when you are done with it.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!