APL-like python for fun

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 23:24:04 IDT 2013

Though the idea of bridging is nice, I doubt that it is as simple as just a
question of providing syntactic sugar for the "scientist". Any scientist
worth calling himself such, can deal with a spelled out lambda as well as
with λ. I think the problem is rather that some mathematicians don't care
for issues of complexity and implementation, and as you say some software
engineers don't understand enough mathematics. That said, a prettyfying
solution can make some algorithms look more compact, that perhaps may help
in the mental visualization during development.

After all, what is the point of having a unicode supporting system, if we
don't make use of all those nice glyphs available to us. :-)