Linux Consultant

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu May 9 10:47:07 IDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 10:37 AM, Mord Behar wrote:
> I was approached by somebody to help out with a Linux project.
> The thing is, I don't know how much to charge (by the hour). I have not
> yet finished my bachelor's in CompSci, and have no formal Linux
> training. I have been using Linux for years, and am currently employed
> as a tech support person (windows and Linux systems).
> So, what is a good asking price?  What is the market like?

Since you are not in the business, it might be better to ask them what
they want to pay for your time.

If you like the answer, take it.

Note that there are tax implications, you have to pay taxes based on the
income being above your current income. You should also look at your
current contract, you may have agreed not to work for anyone else.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!