Cloud Backup

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Fri May 17 00:04:56 IDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013, Steve Litt wrote about "Re: Cloud Backup":
> > If anyone was following this thread, I'll give you the latest news.
> >
> > rsync.net just announced (see
> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5638295) that during May, they
> > sell 50 GB of quota for $60 a year. I switched to this deal, and it

> What happens in June? I was looking at
> http://www.rsync.net/resources/faq.html#13 , and that listed the price
> before quantity discounts at $0.80/gigabyte_month, so with my 30 GB,
> I'd be paying $24/month. I like the idea of using rsync or sftp to
> upload and download my files, but $24/month is pretty steep.

They promised the 10 cent per gigabyte per month will stay forever, if you
just *enroll* in May.

Until this month, I've been paying them "just" 40 cents/gigabyte/month
and thought I was getting a good deal (50% discount), because I'm a free
software author :-)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Thursday, May 16 2013, 8 Sivan 5773