Fwd: DVB-T and Linux updated.

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 10:12:11 IST 2013

Hi Geoffrey,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM, geoffrey mendelson <
geoffreymendelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/25/2013 4:16 PM, Erez D wrote:
>
> you can get the r820T version. on eithed dx.com or ebay for around 13 usd.
>

> Is it possible to install the kernel module from 3.11 on an older kernel
> (say 3.8)? If so how, the last time
> I compiled a kernel module, I had to compile the entire kernel.

You can try backporting its source, but note that the Linux kernel does not
maintain backward-compatibility for internal kernel APIs (including those
used
for writing drivers) between kernel versions, so it may a bit of work.

It is possible to build a kernel module standalone using some GNU make
tricks,
maybe see:

http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

Or:

https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/ip-noise/src/5283225de39338345cba5372607cc26d3766d1d5/C/ker_ipq/Makefile?at=default

(The latter was written by my partner and by me and may be out of date.)

Regards,

    Shlomi Fish