Linux friendly NAS or networked drive/raid - perhaps wireless

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Mon Oct 7 14:20:35 IDT 2013

There are plenty of cheap low-power mainboards available...
Intel Atom boards
AMD E-series
ARM stuff (pandaboard, beagleboard, and many more)
So you can build your own low-power solution that will use in the area
of 33W (though if you have lot's of disks I really don't see how you
would get that low a peak usage with more then 2 disks since the avg.
usage of a disk is about 10W, though that may have improved by now...)

And yes, RAID 6, 1, 10 or RAIDZ should be what you look at....

Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו