OT: "Smart" MP3 player

Roman Ovseitsev romovs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 22:54:26 IDT 2013

iRiver E40.
Compact. Good battery. Clock during the playback and on the home screen.
Multiple supported media formats. Standard mini USB cable. Works with Linux
(in my experience at least). No GPS, nor heart monitor though. For these
you'll need to get any of the recent smart watches.

Cowon iAudio use proprietary cable FYI.