Watch out for Bezeq

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Mon Sep 2 19:59:03 IDT 2013

Rabin Yasharzadehe <rabin at rabin.io> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Go sign up for Lastpass, my entire office is now using it. I lets
>     you
>     set up individual passwords for every site, and they are encrypted
>     locally.
>

> ​And remotely (on there servers)

And if you are loath to keeping passwords on anyone else's server,
Firefox has a built-in password manager that can be protected by a
master password. KDE has a built-in wallet, too. Both are local to
your machine (FF can be synced, I presume), unlike Lastpass and
frends. But do make sure you have a master password on FF (it's a
setting), and do not try the same thing with Chrome that does not
believe in passwords at all - cf.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/08/browser_password_poll/.

Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org