Fedora 17 (Re: Winter clock issues in linux)

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Sat Sep 7 22:45:50 IDT 2013

I am running Fedora 17 (still - yes, I know, I know) on a couple of
machines. For the benefit of anyone else who is beind the times, I found
that I needed to enable the updates-testing repo to update to
tzdata-2013c-2 that has the correct IDT->IST transition. The
tzdata-2013c-1 version that I had before the update had the transition
on Oct 6, so there is still a chance that the new version will move to
updates over the next month, if you prefer to wait. But do check - it
may never happen.

The incantation is

# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update tzdata

With Fedora 18 (and, presumably, later versions) a normal update should
bring the correct tzdata in.

Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org