Debian Oldstable and Ubuntu 12.04 (Re: Winter clock issues in linux)

Debian Oldstable and Ubuntu 12.04 (Re: Winter clock issues in linux)

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Sep 8 00:12:43 IDT 2013

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013, Omer Zak wrote:

> I checked the timezone in two Linux machines.
> One of them is Debian Squeeze (which is now OldStable), and the other is
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (12.04.3 LTS, Precise Pangolin - running in a virtual
> machine).
>
> I found to my horror that the timezone definitions in them are rather
> out of date:
>
> Does anyone have the magic spell how to update the timezones to 2013d
> for those machines?

This took me a bit to track down, as I had the update but couldn't figure
out where it came from.

It seems squeeze-proposed-updates has it.  Put the following in
sources.list:

deb http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/debian/ squeeze-proposed-updates main  contrib non-free

HTH,
Geoff.