Booting HD without grub

Eli Marmor eli at netmask.it
Thu Sep 12 13:56:05 IDT 2013

Thank you Shlomi.
No success, so far.
I'll give more details, so if anybody can help, I'll be grateful.
I'm also willing to bring the system to anywhere and/or pay:

I have a full Linux system (old Mandrake) on hdd4, including /boot/vmlinuz,
/boot/initrd.img, etc. (all the system on one partition).
It has been booted for years from another disk.
The file system is correct (according to fsck), and mountable (when the
computer is booted from a live-CD).
All I want is to boot it once, manually, without writing any MBR, but from
a live CD.
Any live-CD and grub has its own limitations, for example some of them
can't reach hd3,4 (although they can mount hdd4!).
I believe that for some of you it's a matter of minutes.

Anybody can help?

Thanks a lot,
Eli Marmor