OT: Hybrid cars

Mord Behar mordbe0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 14:42:28 IDT 2013

Hi
I know that this is off-topic, but I really don't know who to ask.
See, I need a large pool of Linux-like brains that live in Israel for this.
I mean, people (like me) who track gas liters and kilometerage, wear and
tear on the car, insurance and things like that.

Does anybody have numbers and experience to show how economical it is to
buy a hybrid car, and which one?
At what point of city-driving and non-city-driving does it pay to buy a
hybrid car? Gas is really expensive now, and probably just going to go up.
But hybrid cars are expensive too and the shelf life of the battery is 5-10
years...
And I suppose that the terrain matters as well. In Jerusalem the hybrid car
will use more gasoline than in Tel Aviv.
Thanks.

P.S.
Mods, if you remove this message I totally understand, but could you please
point me somewhere else instead?