Do you know a foss alternative to Lupa?

Yaron de Leeuw jdlmail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 17:01:31 IDT 2013

Hi all.

I've recently had to edit a digital photo album, which was created with Lupa.
The experience was... not so good. It runs only on windows (I had to
dust-off an old laptop for that),
accepts only jpeg files (no png or svg, even though it is a publishing
software!), has a constant
and limited set of fonts and worst of all for this project, one cannot
move or copy pages from one
album to another. Needless to say, the project file is an obscure
proprietary format,
with a library full of .bmp and .image files (the .image files are
actually jpegs with a different extension).

Does anyone know of a foss alternative, which allows to create PDF albums?
Sure, one can use libreoffice or TeX,  but I mean something
specifically for albums,
with visible controls for image positioning etc.

Thank you,
Yaron.