OT: Cell phone service providers

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 12:51:34 IDT 2014

On 4/20/2014 12:08 PM, Mord Behar wrote:

> I set my "watch" (cell phone clock) by the Linux internet time on my
> laptop. And that is several minutes ahead of Golan's clock.

My windows desktop, which syncs its time off of an ntp daemon on a linux
system, the clock on my asterisk system (which syncs its time off of its
own ntp daemon from a different ISP), my Nokia X1 candy bar phone (syncs
from Golan 2g via cellcom) and my Google Nexus 4, which syncs from Golan
3g, all have the same time.

> Some of my wife's apps updated the time properly, those with hardcoded
> time settings. The Android OS which was set to network time did not
> update.

I think the update was included in KitKat, not anything older. The
android phones run the UNIX standard, a UTC clock and display according
to a time zone file.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ