Nexus 5, Linux laptop Q's

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 07:29:02 IST 2014

Two questions

1.In my search for a good but cost effective phone, I think that Google's
Nexus 5 is a very good choice.

Currently I am with Golan, and fairly satisfied. Do you know if this phone
is compatible with Golan, or any of the other discount carriers in Israel?

2. I need a powerful, yet light, yet cost effective laptop to run
statistical analyses, in either Windows or (preferably) Linux, and my
current i3 Toshiba with 3GB ram is beginning to show its age. My usual
modus operandii is to either find a discontinued laptop model (I am talking
in the US, at stores such as Best Buy, Office Depot/Max, Target) that is
offered at a low price, or buy at a discount store (TigerDirect, Walmart).
These are usually Windows computers, but if the model is old enough it has
little issues with Linux

Any advice or suggestions of good makes and models to shop for? It used to
be IBM, but I am not sure Lenovo is as Linux friendly.

Thanks,

Z.