linux-friendly ebook with decent support in Israel?

Vassilii Khachaturov vassilii at tarunz.org
Thu Jan 9 12:31:57 IST 2014

Can anyone recommend an ebook reader? I need one that
1) allows me to read my own PDFs and taking notes under Linux;
2) is sold and (well) supported in Israel;
3) doesn't require me to have a non-Linux machine to flash the updates;
4) doesn't require me to go online to download my own content to it;
5) isn't illegal to have in Israel because of its wireless capabilities
(in fact, I'd like to be able to disable any wireless technology and not
to use it anyway).

Something for which I don't have a desktop sync app in Linux as opposed
to Mac/Win and have to mount the reader as a usb storage device is fine.

For a global picture, there is a cool "master list" over at
  http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

VKH