Fwd: In Memoriam: Adrian Ettlinger (1925 - 2013)

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:39:58 IST 2014

Hi all,

below is a post I've made to the Freecell Solver Discussions mailing list
having learned about the recent death of Adrian Ettlinger, a software
developer
whom I collaborated with in my work on free and open source software (FOSS),
and who also developed and released some FOSS of his own. Adrian was a dear
Internet friend, and I feel like I need to share this with you.

I mentioned it in the post, but for stressing it further, you can learn
more about Adrian from these
resources:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Ettlinger

* http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/interviews/adrian-ettlinger.html

I also wrote a (true) story about my interaction with Adrian as a
submission for
an Israeli story contest on one of the Free Software Days, which was
published
back in 2004 :

http://whatsup.org.il/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3480&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

It's in Hebrew, but I'd like to translate it to English some time.

Regards,

    Shlomi Fish