better antenna for a USB DVB-T dongle?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 01:06:04 IDT 2014

Thanks everyone for chipping in.

Once I learned the name of the connector (MCX) and based on this and
finding that the "regular" plug is called also "Type N" I found a "pig
tail" converter and ordered it (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121310526140).

Tomer - why wouldn't the roof antenna be useful. Is it about the TV signal
type? Antenna type? Or is it because I live so close to the transmitter
that you expect that the signal strength is not the issue?

BTW - so far I tested the dongle facing the transmitter almost directly -
next to the front balcony glass door, with perhaps only the balcony rail
blocking it from direct line of sight.

Cheers,

--Amos

--