self mail hosting

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Jun 8 21:16:53 IDT 2014

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:

> Slightly OT, but if I went for a VPS for my mail I'd probably want them to
> be outside of US jurisdition, are these?

US jurisdiction is something that is likely to change with the wind and
also probably is yet to be fully tested in court.  But certainly being
outside the US would be a good start.

I have a VPS with Gandi (gandi.net) and am pretty happy with it.  They
have boxes in Paris and Baltimore so make sure you pick the right one.

Linode also have boxes in places like London and Japan, but as I believe
they're a US company, it may not be such a good idea.

Of course, non-US hosting will probably not be as cheap as US hosting, but
that's just life.

Geoff.