CPU Overheating Problem When Running 4 CPU Intensive Threads with Latest Untained Kernel

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Mon May 19 17:40:00 IDT 2014

> Hi Efraim,
>
> On Mon, 19 May 2014 10:19:23 +0300
> Efraim Flashner <efraim.flashner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, nice -19 is higher priority than nice 19.
> >

> No, it's not. When you run the "nice -19" it sets it to the lowest possible
> priority. I see these processes in htop where the nice is set at 19 and I
> cannot lower it at all.

I may be misreading you but:
nice values go between -20 and 20 where negative numbers have a *higher*
priority then positive numbers, it's a "rating" of how "nice" my program is
to others, so -20 is absolutely rude to the others and doesn't share
whereas 20 will always yield right of way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_%28Unix%29
Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו