Is Beersheva really becoming a high-tech powerhouse?

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Wed Apr 1 11:55:32 IDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015, Steve Litt wrote about "Is Beersheva really becoming a high-tech powerhouse?":
> Hi all,
>
> I read the following article, which says that Beersheva might become a
> high-tech powerhouse:

When I was a kid, the popular belief was that *Haifa* will become the
high-tech center in Israel. You can see what came out of this.

As long as our most of our country's focus is on its center (this is a long
topic, let's not start it here and now), no "center" of anything - not
of high-tech, not of "cyber" companies, and not anything else - will ever
appear outside the "Gush Dan" area.

There can be *a* high-tech center in Beersheva (and there is one in
Haifa), but it will never become *the* high-tech center, or *the*
security center, or anything like the papers are trying to suggest.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Wednesday, Apr 1 2015, 12 Nisan 5775