Parsing compilation errors and automatic resolving

Constantine Shulyupin const at makelinux.co.il
Tue Apr 21 17:48:55 IDT 2015

Hi,

Again I am compiling big OSS project for embedded environment and receive a
lot of errors like:
warning: libXXX, needed by YYY, not found
fatal error: XXX: No such file or directory.
undefined reference to XX
etc

Then I look for missing packages with utilities: nm, apt-file search and
configure compilation.

Question:

Are there utility, which parses errors and proposes obvious solutions?

For example, following code proposes to add missing library to LDFLAGS:

perl -ne '/.*warning: lib(.*?)\..*, needed by .*, not found .*/ && print
"export LDFLAGS+=\" -l$1\"\n";' < config.log

Thanks

--
Constantine Shulyupin
http://www.MakeLinux.co.il/