Matrix inversion tool

Matan Ziv-Av matan at svgalib.org
Sat Aug 8 21:07:25 IDT 2015

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015, Omer Zak wrote:

> What happens if you use the regular matrix inversion tool which works on
> real numbers?
> (after rejecting, as singular over Z2, matrices whose determinant modulo
> 2 is different from 1)

This will work if the inverse only has integer entries. It may also work
if your algorithm returns rational numbers, but will not work with
floating point numbers (there are no reals in a computer). You cannot
faithfully convert 1.1234 to an element of Z_2.

You can use GAP ( http://www.gap-system.org/ ).

--
Matan.