Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Dec 1 21:35:47 IST 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015, Omer Zak wrote:

> Yet another option is to use Debian Stable as the host operating system,
> like I did so far, but compile and install my own kernel builds
> according to the instructions in places such as:
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-ubuntu-building-installing-a-custom-linux-kernel/

You can also use Debian Backports to get more recent kernel releases.

deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free

Here's the most recent kernel in jessie-backports at time of writing:

Package: linux-image-4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
Source: linux
Version: 4.2.6-1~bpo8+1

HTH,
Geoff.