where to buy a raspberry Pi?

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:30:16 IST 2015

You can get a kit from Amazon, and they will ship to Israel if you choose
the right product. The kit includes the hdmi cable, SD, breadboard,
resistors, diodes, wifi dongle heat sinks and possibly 1-2 more items. Make
sure the particular vendor ships to Israel - not all do.

You can also buy direct from vendors, adafruit is one, there are links to
others on the raspi web site.

while you're at it, why not get the compatible camera and gps.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 11:13:44AM +0200, geoffrey mendelson wrote:
> > My son has become interested in  the Raspberry Pi after hearing about
> the Pi
> > Zero.
> >
> > I would like to strike while the iron is hot, as it were, and get him a
> Pi
> > he could use.
> >
> > He currently is a Windows users and has no programming experience.
> >
> > He is a native Hebrew and English speaker, but prefers to read Hebrew.  I
> > will be mentoring and need English.
> >
> > Is there a Pi user's group or website, etc, in Hebrew?
> >
> > Where can I get him a Pi (the latest version of the regular Pi, not the
> > Zero), with everything, .e.g case, power supply, HDMI cable, USB hub or
> > cable to provide my own, memory card with operating system, and so on.
> > Basically, a plug and play system?
>
> Pi board, case: yeah, get from the store.
>
> HDMI Cable, USB Hub: just get from any local shop.
>
> SD: Either order, or buy an SD, download an image and dd / cat / cp it
> to the SD yourself (requires an SD "reader", but it is a raher common
> equipment).
>
> Power supply: A decent one of a mobile phone will likely do, IIRC, and
> those are likewise common.
>
> That said, there may also be other useful hardware addons.
> For instance, a breadboard, some LEDs, switches and resistors (which,
> again, you could find in a local electronics shop. Hopefully. I did find
> one in the not so central place I reside. Well, except the breadboard).
>
> --
> Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
> http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's
> tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best