[OFFTOPIC] Time varying FSMs

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Fri Jan 30 22:03:37 IST 2015

Of course, anything more complicated than a non-programmable calculator
can be considered to be a Turing machine (sometimes, with bounded memory
capacity).

However, it would be as useful as saying that every computer program is
a function transforming an input (such as a series of events in a GUI
based program) into an output (such as a series of screen behaviors).

Therefore, as software developers, we use other concepts, which help us
to accomplish more.

I would like to propose another point of view.  Call it another series
of concepts, which may be more helpful than the concepts of a Turing
machine or a time-varying FSM.

Let's consider not a big time-varying FSM but time-varying cellular
automata.  Perhaps they won't vary their states and transition rules.
But they would vary their interconnections.  Those interconnections
would be as complicated and entangled, topology-wise, as those of
physical neurons.

It would be interesting to figure out interesting rules by which such
cellular automata would form new connections, break off old connections,
spawn new units, etc.

--- Omer

--
No actual electrons, animals or children were harmed by writing this
E-mail message.

I may be affiliated in any way.