Gradual installation of debian packages

Elazar Leibovich elazarl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 20:50:06 IDT 2016

Hi,

I'm having a few (say, a few tens) Debian machines, with a local repository
defined.

In the local repository I have some home made packages I'm building and
pushing to the local repository.

When I'm upgrading my package, I want to be sure the update wouldn't cause
a problem.

So I wish to install them on a few percentage of the machines, wait for
complaints.

If complaints arrive - roll back.
Otherwise keep upgrading the whole machines.

I'll appreciate your advice and experience of similar situation,
I'll appreciate if someone who had actual real life experience with this
situation would mention it in the comments.

Thanks,